EAR PLUG CORDED PLUGFONE RANGER
Corded Ranger Ear plug
Plugfones offer hearing protection and music at the same time.
Plugfones Ranger great for:
Ranger Plugfones are earplugs and earbuds all in one. Hunting and shooting are fun, exciting activities, but loud gunshots can cause irreparable damage to your ears, causing many enthusiasts to wear ear protection.
Ranger Plugfones offer comfortable, lightweight hearing protection, plus the ability to listen to podcasts, audiobooks, or music. They feature a noise reduction rating of 25 db and longer cables for easier wiring through clothes. They include silicone and foam earplugs that are interchangeable and replaceable. Hunting also requires patience. Spice up your waiting time, while simultaneously protecting your ears, with Plugfones Ranger earplug headphones.
- Plugfones feature a patented design that allows you to interchange and replace the tips quickly and easily.
- Each pair of Plugfones includes 1 pair of silicone tips and 1 pair of foam tips.
- We have found our customers have different preferences and even like to switch between tip types, depending on their activity.
- If your tips wear out, no problem! Plugfones sells replacement tips.
Plugfones have been lab tested and offer an NRR rating of 25.
Next time you go to work or mow the lawn, listen to some music or a book. Enjoy your time with Plugfones!
- DUAL PURPOSE: Plugfones Contractor offers ear plugs / earbuds in one. Plugfones offers optimal protection for construction and manufacturing environments while listening to you favorite music, sporting event or podcast.
- WHERE TO USE: Plugfones Contractor ear plugs / earbuds were designed for working in the field or in a factory, but are also great for any loud environment: shooting, target ranges, outdoor sports, etc.
- NOISE REDUCTION: Plugfones ear plugs have been lab tested and offer a NRR of 25dB allowing you to block out background noise while enjoying music with great quality sound.
- TOUGHNESS: Work environments are hard on any product. Plugfones produce ear plugs / Earbuds to withstand abuse. Manufactured with the strongest materials, Plugfones products won't fall apart while allowing long comfortable wear time.
- PREMIUM DESIGN: 1 Pair: Silicone tips. 1 Pair: Foam tips. (Orange) 1 Pair: 1.2 M flexible cable. Includes Silicone and Foam ear plug tips which can be used interchangeably depending on the desired fit. Compatible with all 2nd Generation and Liberate Plugfones products.
- Length: 54'
- Weight: 0.4 ounces (11 grams)
- Speaker Type: Untuned
SoundSeal noise-suppressing technology minimizes environmental noise to give you an immersive, unparalleled listening experience. It acts as a barrier between you and everything you don't want to hear, creating an atmosphere singular to you and your music.
Plugfones® Certified Noise Reduction Ratings
The most important thing to remember about Plugfones is that they’re earplugs first and earbuds second. As such, the entire Plugfones line is tested and compliant with ANSI S3.19-1974 noise reduction standards and meets NIOSH criteria. When used as directed, our products are certified for Noise Reduction Ratings (NRR) of 23 or 26 dB, depending on the plugs used. For environments with high levels of noise, it may be necessary to use over ear protection such as earmuffs in conjunction with Plugfones products.
Plugfones have been independently tested by Michael & Associates, Inc., a third party Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). Michael & Associates, Inc. has rigorously tested our products according to U.S., E.U., and Australian standards.
What are Noise Reduction Ratings (NRR) and Why Do They Matter?
An official Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is a certification of the number of decibels a noise level can be reduced by the proper application of the device or item being tested. This rating is provided so that the consumer can choose a device that will help prevent hearing loss given their normal activities and usage.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) occupational noise exposure standard (29 CFR 1910.95), workers should wear personal protective equipment to prevent hearing loss when exposed to 85 dB or more over eight hours. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommends the same, estimating that four million people work in hazardous noise levels every day. To help protect and educate workers, both organizations have a variety of resources available, such as the OSHA Technical Manual on Noise and the NIOSH Guide to Preventing Occupational Hearing Loss.
To understand how Noise Reduction Ratings help you conserve your hearing, imagine you were standing next to a bulldozer with a noise level of 94 dB. When used correctly, Plugfones with an NRR of 26 dB can reduce the noise level from 94 dB to 84.5 dB, which falls below the potentially hazardous level. Learn more about how to calculate and use a NRR by referencing the OSHA Technical Manual on Noise, Appendix E.
Which NRR is Right For Me?
Every activity or workplace has a different level of noise, but averages for certain types of activities can be referenced through an online list of noise databases provided by OSHA. Please see OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.95 standard for more information on selecting hearing protection.
While it is fun to listen to music or audiobooks on your earplug-earbud hybrids, Plugfones does not condone or encourage the abuse of corporate safety rules or OSHA regulations. If your workplace does not permit the use of our hearing protection products, Plugfones is not responsible if you use our products to violate company policies.
We understand that most of our customers use their Plugfones in rough or hazardous work environments, and while our products are made with the highest quality materials, they are not indestructible. While working, we recommend you protect your Plugfones by handling them with reasonable care and storing them in a clean area. For safety, consider threading cables through your clothing to prevent them from getting caught on objects.